While I don't doubt there are many Saudis- even in the royal family and government- who are legitimately trying to do their part, I'm not quite convinced everyone is on board.
Agreed, there are very few instances where everyone is on board in any country, which is why I think the good governance will solve all problems card is danagerously over played.

In the U.S. there was huge opposition to both WWI and WWII, and more recent time while it was official policy not to support terrorists, many Americans donated money to the IRA. In any democracy you have left leaning, center leaning, and right leaning groups and individuals and variations within those groups. Each has their own interpretation of good government, and some will resort to violence to pursue their ideal form of government.

What does the average American, the average German, the average Mexican, the average Nigerian, really think about various issues? I think the term average used in this fashion is an illusion at best. For those who accept the argument that good governance is the cure for all global ills, it would seem that they would accept that the government should fold everytime an armed group challenges its policies. Obviously it must be a "popular uprising". Seems like a receipe for chaos and failure to me. Principles are worth fighting for, and groups opposed to my and perhaps our principles feel the same way. If there are groups out there opposed to a particular government, then it is highly probable that there are groups opposed to those groups (as both Afghanistan and Iraq "clearly" demonstrate).

Eventually you have to take a stand, and "sometimes" the political process will be violent as it has been throughout the history of mankind.