Thread: So I Started Reading the Feith Book...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally, an explanation for what went wrong with the post-conflict planning!! On pp. 189-90:

Chalabi--a secular, U.S.-educated Iraqi businessman and banker--became a central figure in the story of the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq, but not because he shaped or implemented U.S. policy. It was, rather, because of the suspicion and antagonism he excited in key parts of the U.S. national security establishment, as well as within the Arab world. That suspicion would in the end derail the U.S. government's preparations and plans for Iraq's political transition.

So, see, it wasn't that OSD inadequately planned for the post-conflict transition. OSD was stabbed in the back by "key parts of the U.S. national security establishment" antagonistic to Chalibi. It is all so clear to me now!

Council Member

Default Home for Christmas?

Thank you Steve

Now let me just check I have got this clear if we had dumped all that Phase IV stuff and photocopied them a copy of the constitution and put in Chalibi as President we could all have gone home after we had pulled down Saddam’s statue?