Thread: A Typical Hostile Guerrilla Force, 1970-75

Council Member

Default A Typical Hostile Guerrilla Force, 1970-75

CARL has made available a declassified (previously Secret) study, dated 29 Dec 66:

A Typical Hostile Guerrilla Force, 1970-75
    This handbook is designed to provide basic guidance for agencies conducting combat development studies, war games, and field experiments involving a hostile guerrilla force in the Southeast Asia area in the time period 1970-1975. It is based on information derived from current area studies, afteraction reports, captured guerrilla force documents, and current intelligence studies. It reflects projected tactical doctrine and estimated weapons and equipment which will be available to a typical guerrilla force in the area and time period described.
    Complete 80 page document at the link.

Default Now that

brought back some memories...

Thanks again for your finds and posts.

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    CARL has made available a declassified (previously Secret) study, dated 29 Dec 66:

A Typical Hostile Guerrilla Force, 1970-75

Complete 80 page document at the link.
    This is fascinating and an excellent find. Some parts I have seen previously in the in the MACV NLF analysis that was produced in 1971 for the FANK forces training.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition