Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Ken,

My entire retort/prose/response was based off the tenant of volunteer...Inuitive to the regard that if would (our angels) suffice our current need in forces.
serious stuff but an aside into the arcane like LT Campobell is okay on occasion, I think. I was in essence saying you were correct, no more. Just did it with tongue in cheek (which may be why my wife tells me to avoid trying to be a comedian... ).
As we (actually both) agree, if we are wrong, then there must be some other sacrifice of the 330 million of the USA.
Not the American way. Even in WW II, we at home did not sacrifice much, since then we have not suffered at all .

My personal belief is that's okay even if it is at times annoying. Those of us who wear or wore war suits mostly did it voluntarily, all voluntarily in the last 36 or so years, we pay a price to allow that to happen and we all have the option to pay it or quit. I did it for a long time and have no regrets. Everyone has to make their own mind up on the pros and cons...
-Just a young boy spilling words...

Mike
Old men have more words. They may make less sense but, by god, we got more!

Keep up the fire.