ODB and all Others....

This is not about tactical level cooperation. That is not the concern here. This isn't about wanting it in the conventional army for some sense of proportion, and iIt is not about thinking some guy hair is too long either, DON'T CARE. And Rob, I certainly don't think JCISFA is the right place either, although I think you might have made the basis for the staff management element of a joint proponent

There is a large, and I do mean large, community of officers who long for the days of fighting the Kraznovians - Gian might be the prophet screaming in the desert - but he has a very large (albeit muted) following.

SOCOM has always been the defacto/unnamed joint proponent for SFA. They do it well, although in very small discreet packages. But what is it that we expect of a proponent -- Buehler... Ferris Buehler anyone -- full DOTMLPF integration (across service providers).

I get it Rob, decision made, time to move on... OK, but the question remains what does this decision signal... I thought those were valid discussion points on this panel. Putting this back into its "old bin" does not signal a change in approach, a recognition of the mission's importance from a GPF perspective...

Sorry, this decision said... This stuff makes my brain hurt, who used to do this stuff before, maybe this is a blip and we are making too much out of the past 5 years...

All of which is bad juju... I say again this isn't an attack or even a knock on our friends who wear the funny colored berets -- we all like the crazy uncle who spells his name urinating off the back porch on x-mas day and then eats the slushiest parts (OK that was a swipe, but I can't help me'self) -- this just makes it too easy for those in spaces far higher than ours to go back to yesteryear and dream of corps on corps tank battles.

Another rant I know, but this was never about "those guys get cool toys" rather about how do we make sure it stays on the front burner.

So I respectfully disagree Rob and OE... I don't think any step is a good step, especially one that moves us five years in reverse...

Live well and row