Thread: RFI: Developing Strategic Leaders

Default RFI: Developing Strategic Leaders

Folks,

Need some help. I'm helping a buddy put together a workshop on developing strategic leaders for an era of persistent conflict. He's looking for faculty members who have thought about this at USACGSC, Air War College, Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, and the Royal Military College. This was the list he gave me which leads me to believe that he has the other places like NDU, USMA, Army War College, Quantico, JSOU etc covered. He's only looking for people on the faculty at professional military education institutions. (Don't know why, but I'm just following orders).

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the collective brain trust of the loop. I'd recommend emailing or PMing me since some of the appropriate folks might be fellow SWJ denizens.

Thanks!

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    era of persistent conflict
    In contrast to all those eras of non-persistent conflict, like... ummm... errr.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Brynen View Post
    In contrast to all those eras of non-persistent conflict, like... ummm... errr.... ?
    Canada?

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    Canada?
    Oh, I think from here to here counts as persistent

Well I have all the answers to the questions but I'm not on the faculty of any of those third tier military universities. I'm on the faculty of a third tier land grant university.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Thumbs up developing strategic leaders for an era of persistent conflict (at RMC/CFC)

Hello

Your colleague is looking for faculty members who have thought about developing strategic leaders for an era of persistent conflict at the Royal Military College of Canada/Canadian Forces College. My suggestions follow:

Regards

Victoria Edwards (RMC 2003)

Dr Al Okros (Captain (Navy) Ret`d), MASc, PhD who heads up the Kingston-based Canadian Forces Leadership Institute (CFLI), is interested in Leadership, Diversity and 3D (Defence, Diplomacy, and Development). He is an Associate Professor, Department of Military Psychology and Leadership at the Royal Military College of Canada. http://www.cfc.forces.gc.ca/Personnel/okros_e.html

Lieutenant-Colonel A.N. Caravaggio is Chair, Department of Command, Leadership and Management at Canadian Forces College. http://www.cfc.forces.gc.ca/Personnel/caravaggio_e.html

Dr Adam Chapnick, Department of Defence Studies, Department of Command, Leadership and Management at Canadian Forces College. http://www.cfc.forces.gc.ca/Personnel/chapnick_e.html

Hi Victoria,

Right on with Alan Okros - top notch man. His work on professionalization is superb.

Nice to see another person from Ottawa here .

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Thanks for the tips! I've forwarded them all to my bud who is working the project.