Quote Originally Posted by Mark O'Neill View Post
...then I would nearly have enough $ to fly to DC from Australia for the next SWJ get together and shout several rounds.
I'd even fly up for that.
Now, thankfully, I have met as many great American leaders / soldiers who 'get it' as I have the ego ridden little men that I have described. These are the guys who are winning the fight and carrying the rest of them, and the force, on both their backs and intellects.
Been there, done that -- as they say. That's long been true. Wasn't it Bertrand Russell who said "20% of the people do 80% of the work" or words to that effect -- whoever said it had to close to right for total comfort.
As the old saying goes, 'Quantity has a Quality of its own'. Perhaps this is also a contributing factor to the US 'greatness' being discussed- it is perhaps inevitable that the US will have a large number of smart guys to counteract the egoists and dunderklumpen.
True, they generally are not only effective but they're usually quiet. Fortunately, there are more of them than one realizes due to the blatant foolishness of the egoists and the bland incomprehension of the dunderklumpen. Those are the good guys and gals that do make it work...