Thread: Saving their Souls in Fallujah?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Whomever is doing this should stop, and even as a Christian I can say this with certainty. Constabulary authority doesn't mix well with evangelism. Some well-meaning but unwise young man just needs to be counseled. Good job for a 2nd Lt. Ten or Fifteen minute conversation, everything cleared up.

However ... I doubt that the story is as big as made out to be in this article. It sounds to me like someone was searching for a story to write.

All true...

but it was in the Ebird so Ken is prolly right about E-ring reverberations...

Default Here's my guess....

2 COAs.

1. Someone really believes it's his duty to convert the Fallujah people to Christianity.

2. Some one or some platoon got their seventh care package from a Christian group and thought it would be funny to hand all the coins out.

"I'll take 'Second and Third Order Strategic Effects of Tactical Actions' for 2000, Alex."
    Example is better than precept.

Default I'll take door 2...

and the rest of the day off...

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    2 COAs.

1. Someone really believes it's his duty to convert the Fallujah people to Christianity.

2. Some one or some platoon got their seventh care package from a Christian group and thought it would be funny to hand all the coins out.

"I'll take 'Second and Third Order Strategic Effects of Tactical Actions' for 2000, Alex."
    How about "Monty's Cookie Jar (a variant on Door Number 2)--
    Some evangelist gave the young stud a bunch of coins prior to deployment--sort of like the lady who got on the bus I was taking from San Fran International to Travis AFB en route to places Oriental. She gave me a handful of religious tracts and said, "Read this son and pass some out. It will comfort you when your plane crashes into the Pacific, like mine did."
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    The greatest educational dogma is also its greatest fallacy: the belief that what must be learned can necessarily be taught. — Sydney J. Harris

Default White's Razor...

Where Joe is involved, never put down to serious intent anything likely to be seen by him as 'fun' ...

IF it happened at all. That is a McClatchy report...

Default This just in...