Thread: Germany (catch all, incl. terrorism)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I said “most” not “all” and was mistakenly referring to Frans Timmerman, although Thomas de Maziere seems to share Timmerman's view. Yet on balance of the migration flows and rejected asylum applications from 2014 through 2016, more than 50% of the migrants would be economic migrants from the Balkans and Africa, and not refugees. Within the “refugee” pool, I take a dim view of Afghans and Iraqis, as most of those countries are not warzones; by contrast, almost no place is truly safe in Syria.

Yet even from Syria, a number of the “refugees” include middle and upper-middle class Alawis, Christians and Druze fleeing conscription in the NDF. Does the average Syrian in the refugee camps of Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan, or living in rebel-held areas have USD $3,000+? I doubt it. How can a fighting-age male Alawi with Shabiha connections fleeing conscription in the NDF truly compare to a Sunni Arab of the Civil Defense who responds first to the Russo-Syrian shelling, bombing and gassing? Even the Kurds of Rojava are far more secure than the Sunni Arabs.

In 2015, 1,092,000 migrants arrived in Germany. Only 44% (447,000) filed asylum applications and 12% “disappeared” (130,000). Of these asylum applications, only 59% (283,000) were processed, of which 50% (141,000) were recognized and 50% (142,000) were rejected i.e. economic migrants. A further 300,000 migrants arrived in Germany in 2016...

Of the 550,000 migrants whose asylum applications were rejected in Germany from 2014 to 2016, only 25% 138,000 have been deported or left. But what of the 412,000 rejected migrants who refuse to leave? The 279,000 migrants who have not yet filed? The 130,000 “missing” migrants? At least 1% of the resident German population is illegal.

RE: Syria Thread

By the way, the entire discussion of Germany’s border and immigration policies only came up because I asserted that Merkel is enabling Assad by allowing him to transfer the undesirable or restive part of his population to the European Union, and Germany in particular. Yet instead of addressing that point, we have now ventured into arguing over the postwar deportation of Germans and Merkel’s policies. Most of your comments after my last reply were focused on Trump rather than Syria, despite the fact that Trump is not a major actor in the Syrian Civil War, save for rapping Assad across the knuckles once.
    Merkel enabled Assad's forced refugee flows?? I thought it was starvation...ethnic cleansing..constant cluster munitions, naplam and bunjerbusters driving IDPs and refugees??

Really.....

Trump is now a serious contender for his Syrian failed policies...actually he is worse than Obama as he has virtually no idea what to do other than continue Obama's agenda.....

Outside of a politically at home motivated TLAM strike what else has he actually done...increasing SOF but Raqqa is bogged down as well....

REMEMBER we are talking about "the Donald"...the same one who stated "I will eradicate IS/AQ from the face of the earth and do it immediately"...well 100 days in and outside of TLAMs what else has he done??

BUT WAIT...now he is in NKs face....AND Syria....??

He remains me of a 12 year old with ADAH on Ritalin....who cannot figure out how to use the TV remote.....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-18-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Moved from the Syria thread as it fits here better