Hello @all...

no, I am not in kunduz right now. I am in good old germany!

The Beer Story: I had to smile while reading it. itīs true that we germans are allowed to drink two beer a day. Therefor we get so called ration cards. And two beers are not much. I think itīs ok! But believe me, you can find ways to get much more beer a day. You give the guys in the suply-chain some bugs and you get as much beer as you want to. An can remenmber at least five nights when I was drunk during my last tour. And there were a lot of americans drinking with us. As they recognized that the germans have beer they came everey evening and asked for some bottles. And on a few nights we sat togehther an had a lot o fun in unfunny environment...

The HQ-Story: In germany now, after the fuel-truck-strike by Col. Klein nearly every Officer in the HQ is affraid of ordering high intensively fire. They are afraid of killing civilians and getting fired or judged. So the troops outside the camp are often not enough secured in the background. Itīs bad.
The german army has the so called "orders-tactic". That means you get an order to achieve a goal. And you can decide what is to do to achieve it. So the leaders in the field often decide to attack the enemy, while the career-type of officer in the HQ whants them to withdrawl. Just to avoid colateral casualties.

In germany, tactical dicisions are made by lawyers and not by military men...

RIP to the Cpt. who was killed by an IED on Wednesday...