Thread: Germany (catch all, incl. terrorism)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sarajevo071 View Post
    You think all those massacres and abusing coming from nowhere!?
    Sarajevo - One should note that for all the "massacres" and "abusing", which there have been in Iraq and Afghanistan, there has been far less of this in almost any counterinsurgency war on record.

Massacres and abuse are not solely the result of racism or ethno/religious differences. Germans massacred Belgian civilians in WWI. Egyptians used chemical weapons and indiscriminate shelling and airpower on Yemenis in 1963. In a famous example, Syria used indiscriminate artillery on Hama to wipe out a nascent Muslim Brotherhood insurgency, while the civil war in Algeria speaks to the horrific brutality that can occur between men who speak the same language and worship the same God. The worst massacres in Iraq are taking place between Iraqis, and almost all Iraqis, including insurgents, prefer to be taken prisoner by Americans than by their own people because Americans are far less likely to abuse or kill them than Iraqi security forces.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tequila View Post
    Sarajevo - One should note that for all the "massacres" and "abusing", which there have been in Iraq and Afghanistan, there has been far less of this in almost any counterinsurgency war on record.
    Of course I agree with all that, tequila. In my time I use to carry hollow point in my breast pocket if I will run out of ammo or get surrounded or cut off… No one will cut me alive in pieces.

I am just (sadly) noting that side who should show better judgment and higher standards of behavior, more civilize if you will (if one can talk about being civil in war!?) failing to do so…

I mean, this is message U.S. trying to send around, right!? And, if someone (minority) does something evil and bad, don’t hide them or cover for them but use SAME rules and judgment you wish others to rule and judge you.

That would be my idea of better conduct.