Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Wars Journal, Operated by Small Wars Foundation

This is a necessary intermediate step. Still in shaping ops. The congrats, Mission Accomplished, high fives, etc. should be held in abeyance. The significant milestone is when the application for non-profit status gets its federal approval. That's what makes contributions tax deductible (they aren't now) and what makes us eligible for some potential grants we've got our eyes on.

As Dave said, thanks to all. It's a team effort.

P.S. re-reading my last, didn't mean it to be such a cold shower.

Just the facts, ma'am.

But go, us! All of us. Again, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by SWCAdmin View Post
    P.S. re-reading my last, didn't mean it to be such a cold shower.

Just the facts, ma'am.

But go, us! All of us. Again, thanks all.

No cold shower at all. Y'all are doing it right, doing it well, and I'm just happy to be along for the ride. Think about the long list of accomplishments you've had over the last couple years with SWJ/C.. Pretty amazing.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Thanks all!

I'm temporarily rescinding my congratulations until it is determined whether the switch-over is the cause of a new bright pink ad I get on the SWJ main page for an online web-based game about "redecorating rooms." I don't even get the Holy War web game ad!

I want explanations. I'd take the Norwich Cannon Crew over these ads.

Regards,

Matt
    "Give a good leader very little and he will succeed. Give a mediocrity a great deal and he will fail." - General George C. Marshall

Default Form for Gun Drill

Quote Originally Posted by MattC86 View Post
    I'm temporarily rescinding my congratulations until it is determined whether the switch-over is the cause of a new bright pink ad I get on the SWJ main page for an online web-based game about "redecorating rooms." I don't even get the Holy War web game ad!

I want explanations. I'd take the Norwich Cannon Crew over these ads.

Regards,

Matt
    It's unconnected. The ads are context sensitive. I haven't seen the pink thing. Likely cause is the pussy cat screensaver and Ann Geddes baby pictures slideshow Google detects on your system.

Default Hmm. All I get are the Norwich ads, that M16 and

Scroll ad, some McCain stuff and occasionally one that invites me to be Penpals with UK Military guys and gals...

Their context/content sensor must be broken; not a single Bourbon ad thus far...

I realized shortly after posting this query that I was risking getting the answer of "it's not us - it's you." At which point my sister has been officially banned from using my laptop, and I'm seriously reconsidering my other current hobbies.

I also get the UK military pen pals and repeated Norwichings, but those have been around since I started coming here. . .
    "Give a good leader very little and he will succeed. Give a mediocrity a great deal and he will fail." - General George C. Marshall