Thread: AF Secretary and Chief of Staff Dismissed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Transporter CSAF??!!!!!

Wow, we can only hope... I suppose the equivalent would be a placing a QM or Corps of Engineer as the CSA. If it comes to pass, it will be real interesting to see how the rank and file react. I suppose the chances are that it would be very professional etc etc. But the possibility remains for near open mutiny (at least behind closed doors).

Hell, if Chenney named Gates as either his running mate or presumptive Sec Def it might swing my vote.

There is definitely a bad moon arising in the USAF... about time
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Wow, we can only hope... I suppose the equivalent would be a placing a QM or Corps of Engineer as the CSA. If it comes to pass, it will be real interesting to see how the rank and file react. I suppose the chances are that it would be very professional etc etc. But the possibility remains for near open mutiny (at least behind closed doors).
    Schwartz is not just a transporter. He also has Special Ops and NORAD experience. Here's the link to his official bio.
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    The greatest educational dogma is also its greatest fallacy: the belief that what must be learned can necessarily be taught. — Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by wm View Post
    Schwartz is not just a transporter. He also has Special Ops and NORAD experience. Here's the link to his official bio.
    even better

Great personal friend of mine is an AF SOF one or two star

Council Member

Council Member

The guy I've heard that is the likely pick is the current ACC commander, Gen. Corely, another fighter guy.

I also agree to an extent with Tom about the "larger setting." I think they would have been fired regardless, but all the other stuff just made it that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    The guy I've heard that is the likely pick is the current ACC commander, Gen. Corely, another fighter guy.

I also agree to an extent with Tom about the "larger setting." I think they would have been fired regardless, but all the other stuff just made it that much easier.
    I hope not. I'll keep my ear to the ground here. Honestly the last thing they need is another fighter pilot running the show. Schwartz's bio does look good...a nice balance of things and hopefully some new perspectives.
    Last edited by Steve Blair; 06-06-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

I understand the ACC CDR is the choice of AF leadership while the TRANSCOM CDRr is the choice of many of the non-AF denizens of the 5 sided building. Seein's how the SecAF is also gone (and there is no incumbent Under Secretary either IIRC), I'm not sure who does the nominating of the CSAF's replacement. Given the "larger setting" situation, I also wonder how much weight the remaining AF leadership's druthers has when it comes to nominating a successor.
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    The greatest educational dogma is also its greatest fallacy: the belief that what must be learned can necessarily be taught. — Sydney J. Harris

Council Member

Ah, what a difference a new CSAF makes! The new CSAF, Gen. Schwartz, addressed the Air Force Association last night. There was a LOT of meat in the speech and I'm very happy with his vision for fixing problems in the service.

The entire transcript can be found here in a very annoying bullet-point format. WTF? The content is golden though.

I will comment more later and provide some links when I get a bit of time.