I had a question about something. I realize we would and should want to have the undeniable advantage in any force so with the AF thats makes sense too. Difference I have a question about is other countries perceptions of our air power.

Is it perhaps likely that some of the overt distrust when working with us of some countries may be not so much that they don't trust us, but aren't super comfortable with the fact that we might always choice to take an "easy out" and just bomb the living crap out of something and no one could do anything about it.

If I put myself in the mindset of any number of leaders with whom we may be trying to work I start to get why it's so hard for other large countries not to do anything they can to catch up. They may not necessarily expect parity but maybe they would feel at least a little less angst if they at least think they might be able to deter the thinking here. by this I mean One will usually think a lot harder before doing something if you know up front its really gonna cost you to do it. Is this something we should keep in mind when dealing with them.

???