I am entitled to mine. I think he's an idiot who talked to people that would reinforce his views and penned a rather silly diatribe. Of course war is not pretty and there is no real glory in it; it's hard and dirty work, period. It is not pleasant and it does bad things to innocent people. War is immoral and stupid.

Regrettably, wars occur. Some are necessary. Many think this one is not, many think it is. Time will tell

Sarajevo did no more than post it under Hedge's title; fair enough. Whether he believes what Hedges wrote is unknown but I'm sure he'll tell us and give us his rationale for believing Hedges if he does.

Ordinarily I don't waste time responding to such idiocy. This one is pathetic enough in its whining to merit an exception. His final paragraph reads like a parody:

"Prophets are not those who speak of piety and duty from pulpits - few people in pulpits have much worth listening to - but are the battered wrecks of men and women who return from Iraq and speak the halting words we do not want to hear, words that we must listen to and heed to know ourselves. They tell us war is a soulless void. They have seen and tasted how war plunges us into perversion, trauma, and an unchecked orgy of death. And it is their testimonies that have the redemptive power to save us from ourselves."
Sad, unmitigated foolishness. Stupid, too.