Any given person is shaped by his experienced and what he learned or witnessed. To say that I am and other not (by they own bias and experience, or patriotic feeling or what they learn) is gross misrepresentation. I mean, you can say whatever you wish to diminish my opinion but I think Bosnia helped me to understand everything better. Of course, I notice you didn't say I was not right and that my examples was not true.

You, like American and the member of US Armed Forces have right to feel that way and I expected that reactions, but to say that it is not true or that other members of Military did not say this or that... I don't know. There are soldiers talking about those things for years! All of them veterans and (former maybe) big US patriots, your own former brothers in arms... Just because one doesn't like certain thing it doesn't meant it is not true.

Won't you call US sanctions and then bombardment, invasion and occupation of Iraq "systemic violence directed against Iraqi civilians", since we all know that around 75% victims in modern wars are civilians? How do you wage war on country, killing they civilians without being engaged in "systemic violence"?

Now excuse me, I have to go....