Well to start

CNN.com (International)

GovExec

DHS Open Source Infrastructure Report

igoogle (for news)
Google News Alerts to your email for what you want
Small Wars Journal Blog (Daily roundup)
RAND

On SWJ check out the blog roll and find sites you like and get their RSS feeds. Unfortunately many only provide summaries (I usually dump those) others provide full story feeds (I read them).

There are a variety of think tanks and other places. If you don't have a PC at hand use Google Reader to aggregate any and all feeds and even sites that are not RSS enabled. All you need is a browser and you can share, link, and notate different feeds using google reader.

Don't make the mistake many do with regards to BLOGS. Many people are quite closely tied in so once something becomes open source or exists as open source they can talk about it. Some BLOGS are primarily discussing the daily news and little original content. You can pick up trends from them. Other BLOGS are about complete original content (like mine) where I and contributors rarely discuss other peoples work other than daily news posts that have no commentary.

Check out the Australian News, and BBC News. Australian is better and the sites have different feels as far as military matters are concerned. One great overseas site that seems to have been abandoned is Swedish Meatballs. Always good to read but no new posts in months.