Thread: CSA Sends - Transition Team Commanders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Maybe I swapped a patch once, that doesnt make me a bad person does it?

Quote Originally Posted by jkm_101_fso View Post
    Never saw any "patch swapping"...most dudes in line units would recognize you as foreign to their organization in a heartbeat anyway....
    It prevents the quizzical, I get things with less fuss, units are so overwhelmed with attachments and detachments... I can explain myself 100 times over about who I work for and why they/them should support me. However you walk in with the correct patch on, sign for your supplies, get your truck fixed and move out.

I would probably offer that the willingness of the TT chief to involve himself into the AOR CDRs formation is the most crucial aspect. As we all know, initiative, creativity and resourcefulness are key characteristics for TT members. I can't imagine many leaders selected by the Army to lead Battalions and Brigades are so immature and callous that they refuse to involve a combat multiplier like TTs (and the IA) into their formations. The reality is that TT leaders that find themselves "shunned" by AOR CDRs is probably due to their own laziness and unwillingness to make the "extra effort" it takes to establish a good relationship with the line units in the AO.
    Amen, I am sure there might be a few CDR's that may fear OPSEC compromise over HNF involvement (in limited situations I agree with it) , but this practice is definatley the rare exception and not the rule.

Lots of hard questions and issues for TTs. The answer is getting the best and brightest to volunteer for it. Good start for CSA by making the job KD (BQ) for Majors...still need to add more incentives for CPTs, LTs and NCOs.
    I think the next selection boards coming this summer will tell the tape where ETT and MiTT really stand for the NCO Corp. I confess that running a platoon/ squad is a tough job. But, leading by influence and not authority, indivduals that hold different culture norms, language, and work ethics. Its tough too.
    Last edited by Anthony Hoh; 07-31-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added a maybe too C.M.A.