Thread: EBO damaging

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Default EBO damaging

http://www.rusi.org/events/past/ref:E473884C738FDC/infoublic/infoID:E4852915CF2F3C/

From Page 47
    What about ‘Effects-Based Operations’? I went to Iraq believing EBO was merely useless, an attempt to build a doctrinal theology around the notion that actions have consequences.6 But in its more radical interpretation EBO advocates a strict planning focus on outcomes isolated from actor or method, and this in turn leads to operational planning that rapidly devolves into a ridiculous essay, a listing of aspirations: ‘let us eliminate corruption, isolate the border, prevent sectarian tension.’ Such aspirations, with no consideration of who must do what by when, are worse than useless; they are damaging because they conceal the need to make hard choices. Therefore, I now believe the EBO concept is not merely useless but actually damaging to our ability to plan realistically and conduct operations.
    Personally I find little wrong with this analysis.

And according to my number of posts of SWC, the number of this post is 666!
    Last edited by William F. Owen; 06-19-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Council Member

So at last the identity of the Beast is revealed to us...

EBO is intellectually embarrassing, it's depressing to see that it still stalks the land of the living, but perhaps not so surprising, as it plays to our American weakness for numbers.
    He cloaked himself in a veil of impenetrable terminology.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    And according to my number of posts of SWC, the number of this post is 666!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevely View Post
    So at last the identity of the Beast is revealed to us...
    May we now call you Damien?
    Click Here to provide music for effect.

Adam L