Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Get Tom to dig into the CALL archives -- not the current stuff, the old stuff; there should be tons there. Lord knows it was all over Bragg in the late 60s; li'l white books, li'l green books from the brand new C.A.L.L. and blue ones from Benning, too...

We did it then -- but I suspect most of it got tossed in the 70s and 80s so we could relearn lessons the hard way; to do less would be un-American.
Not just CALL; yes we have some but remember CALL stood up in 1985. The Military History Institute has a good bit and some of what the Center for Military History offers gets down in the weeds. But the reality is that prior to 1985, efforts to retain and archive records amd lessons were uneven, depending on unit leaders and interest in what they were doing.

And you must always consider who did the archiving and what they were seeking to do. As an example, according to official records for Op Support Hope, Stan and I were not at Goma in 1994. Some in JTF-A did not like admitting they needed our help. Big surprise....

Bottom line, Ken, I fear you are correct on lessons being tossed.

Best

Tom