Thread: All matters MRAP JLTV (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Perhaps this article should be cut and pasted in the "Why I hate journalists" topic. I read it earlier today, and I'm certain I've read more poorly written articles, but I cannot remember exactly where......

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Perhaps this article should be cut and pasted in the "Why I hate journalists" topic. I read it earlier today, and I'm certain I've read more poorly written articles, but I cannot remember exactly where......
    I'll bet it was some "why the US will lose" piece written by a lefty "military analyst."
    John Wolfsberger, Jr.

An unruffled person with some useful skills.

No, actually it is a "non-news" piece, written by a journalist who doesn't have the slightest idea what he/she is talking about. EFPs, by definition, can defeat ANY vehicle. You could construct an EFP that could defeat the Hoover Dam, if you chose to. And MRAP stands for "Mine-Resistent", not "Mine-Proof." The article is simply an attempt to spread hysteria and appear to be controversial by an ignorant "journalist" who lacks the talent and commitment to do their job, correctly. As a friend told me yesterday, "never assume ill-will, until you've ruled out sheer incompetence."

Very similar to the hatchet pieces being circulated about the M16/M4 by folks like Bryan Cox, to name names, who always seems to write about Heckler and Koch products in glowing terms, (omitting all sorts of inconvenient "facts" about weapons development and availability) and the current Army system as a dangerous failure. Irresponsible journalism like this doesn't help inspire confidence in soldiers' weapons.