I just saw episode 2. I was wondering who would man up to the tank thing. Congrats to Selil for having the cajones. (I'm going to assume that you've all done it.)

I was a little surprised that there weren't more IEDS in the early days. I'm going to assume that Saddam was too paranoid to release the ordinanace when he was driving around the streets. (If you're ever wargaming Iran, it'd probably be a good idea to assume they aren't so paranoid.)

The filmmakers probably made a good choice. Making the guys take a "false" route, just so they could see some of the stuff that was going on would've been worse. So would have been leaving stuff like the destroyed AAV out, because that would've painted a false picture too. (Though even I could figure out that the Iraqis probably couldn't have effectively engaged the AAV at that range.)

I don't know a lot of 4 lane highways that go straight towards a tall building. (I'm referring to the building that collapsed in the episode.) Was the geography of that building accurate, or was it the best that the directors could find? Just curious.

Question. I know it was an economy of force mission, but if we'd had double the troops, and giving everything we know now about COIN and population control, would anyone recommend cleaning out towns more thoroughly, instead of bypassing or pushing through them?