I saw this today as I was buying a new bus driver hat on Marlow White's website...Just when I had enough BDUs we went to the ACUs...Well it will be interesting to see what the final take is tomorrow!

19 August 2008: The Sergeant Major of the Army sent a major-release e-mail stating that the Army Service Uniform will be announced tomorrow. Major aspects of the "pre-announcement" in his e-mail are:

The current dress blue coat and the current dress blue trousers with belt loops will be the base components for the male uniform
The current dress blue coat, the current skirt, and a ASU slack will be the base components for females
The mandatory wear date for the new ASU is 4th Qtr FY14
The wear-out date for the Class A Greens was not mentioned today, but is likely the same 4th Qtr FY14
All of the accessories, accoutrements, wear of jump boots, etc, were referenced in general today.
NOTE: Any new items that will be announced tomorrow will likely take months to develop and certify. We expect many of these items to be new to the industry as the final details about the accoutrements and the wear policy have been close held. Please be patient with us as we transition.