Thread: Army Service Uniform tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Whistle. We need a whistle pocket on the

Quote Originally Posted by wm View Post
    Tom, I think we need to get this to the Army Uniform Board and Army Safety Center ASAP.
    We can make the belt look like the old Sam Brown Belt , only black and wider in order to support the DUI, flashes, tabs, and associated "warrior" symbology. We embed some strobing LEDs as the safety device, with the battery and on/off switch in a "cartridge box" attavched at the back of the belt. Shoot, it could even have loops to attach a sabre scabbard.
    Sam Browne.

Schmedlap said:
    "...The flash and pizzaz of the vivid blue and bright white detract from what civilians generally associate with competency and experience: ribbons and badges placed upon a subdued colored uniform that reflects the calm and firm bearing of an officer. This uniform is all flash, causing the abundance of ribbons and badges to just blend in with the rest of the flashiness and make the individual wearing it look like the typical Wal-Mart greeter who sports a vest full of buttons and a goofy hat."
    Actually he said a lot of things I agree with totally and that all make sense but the quoted part in particular is my concern. I suspect we will draw more adverse than favorable comments; the white shirt is, I think, a particularly bad move.

As to the male uniform model, he may be a paratrooper as someone above said but from what he's wearing and displaying, I'm inclined to suspect he's not, he's just airborne. There's a difference. Don't know him so that may be unfair; if it is I apologize to him. The statement that he may just be wearing all that stuff to show where it goes may also be correct -- that, to me, is the point -- that much stuff, again channeling Schmedlap, shouldn't be worn on a duty uniform by anyone. IMO of course, YMMV..

Council Member

These uniforms are awful. Pure slop. I don't think a single female Sergeant Major was involved in the selection process.
    "Speak English! said the Eaglet. "I don't know the meaning of half those long words, and what's more, I don't believe you do either!"

The Eaglet from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland

Ski,

How do you know the Army uniforms were all designed by men?

Look at the placement of the nametags/tapes. If it had been designed by a woman (or a man who gave a darn about their emotional comfort), it would have been no lower than the collar or shoulderboards.

Council Member

Default the best part

I think everyone missed that they took out the best part... the suspenders.

What else are women suppossed to snap when dancing with you at a wedding or ball?

Quote Originally Posted by patmc View Post
    I think everyone missed that they took out the best part... the suspenders.

What else are women suppossed to snap when dancing with you at a wedding or ball?
    hmmmmmm garters?

Default I'm surprised no one's mentioned...

the absymal headcovering that the female soldier is wearing. Why do the services insist on clinging to those ugly looking tar buckets? The barracks cover (service cap to you soldiers) fits women just fine. And when is the female dress "outfit" going to really become uniform, i.e. looking like all the other soldiers? And please spare me the "women require different tailoring," women wear almost identical uniforms as the males at the military academies without any untoward difficulties. Why not on active service?

Dropping the beret for traditional headgear like the Stetson for the cav folks and the Montana Peak for all others would certainly solve the wind, rain, sun issue; althought the drill sergeants may take issue.
    "What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ski View Post
    These uniforms are awful. Pure slop. I don't think a single female Sergeant Major was involved in the selection process.
    I remember the many, many yuks I had at the expense of the Air Force when McSqueak introduced the Airline Pilot uniforms and the BDU's with the leather flight suit patches. Perhaps this is karmic payback.
    He cloaked himself in a veil of impenetrable terminology.