even if it was before my time. Never liked Greens all that much but didn't dislike them all that much either. Always thought that the beret for everybody was a bad idea, especially putting the Ranger Rgt into a tan one. But I have always liked Dress Blues.

OK, that said, when will the Army wear the new/old uniform? Pet peeve has been in the last 2 decades the tendency to wear jeans and T shirts - oops, I mean BDUs/ACUs to work with the "suits." If one works in an office one should dress for the office; if one works in the field one should dress for the field. Unlike WWII (and before) one uniform won't serve both purposes. If the "suits" wear ties, so should the soldiers who work with them. If the "suits" come to work in open collar, then Class B for the soldier. The IO point to be made is, I think, that soldiers are different from civilians in ways that are represented by the uniform but the military can and should show courtesy to the civilians they work with, for, or who work for them by wearing uniforms that are both appropriate to the environment and meet the same standard of dress as in business dress for the office.

I rest my rant.

Cheers

JohnT