Thread: Social Media: the widest impact of (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    First, Page 3 chart on "strategic to tactical", JP 3-13 defines several of those elements within the Information Operations sphere (specifically, psyop, deception).

Second, Page 5, DIME venn made me laugh as I have that exact construct in a web posting I did and briefing on the topic. In the same colors. Why is it funny? I got hammered for not using MID-LIFE for the same discussion.

I really like the content, connectivity, cognition. Would be nice to see a venn of that linked to the physical, data, cognition constructs that exist. No I don't know how to do that.

Interesting support and counter point is Blog Wars by Perlmutter.

On first blush I like it. Now mulling.
    I'd really like to see that venn diagram in 3D rather than on a plane. We work in spheres of information, influence, action, etc. and on a plane the diagram can't get at the actual dynamics and connectivity of the cognitive factors sharing the content. I think I just gave myself a headache ...

Currently reading Perlmutter and 9th Edition of Effective Public Relations. Good stuff in both.

I've downloaded and hoping to read it at work today while all the suits are in their management meeting.
    Brant
    Wargaming and Strategy Gaming at Armchair Dragoons
    Military news and views at GrogNews

“their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’… and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.” Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers 1959

Play more wargames!