Thread: All about Camouflage & BCU (inc cartoons)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    looks like the Chinese navy are also not too sure about this camoflage thing. She forgot to put cam-paint on her hands; I can see her...
    So if we ever go to war with China, I'll know to be on the lookout for the people who look like they stepped out of the Avatar movie...
    "The status quo is not sustainable. All of DoD needs to be placed in a large bag and thoroughly shaken. Bureaucracy and micromanagement kill."
    -- Ken White

"With a plan this complex, nothing can go wrong." -- Schmedlap

"We are unlikely to usefully replicate the insights those unencumbered by a military staff college education might actually have." -- William F. Owen

Council Member

I know that various Coalition SOF use multicam, but I'm starting to see photos of US line grunts using it as well...

These guys are 2nd Bn 12th Inf. Regt.

The uniforms are ACU cut in multicam and are probably COTS by Propper or Tru-Spec. Does this mean that the unit is providing them for the troops out of discretionary funds or is it part of a US Army-wide changeover?

Aussie troops in Afghanistan use their basic green DPCUs depending on the terrain and until the introduction of their new multicam-derived DPMs the Brits have been using green DPM tops with desert DPM bottoms for a little more disruption to their silhouette.

I gotta say I hope the Multicam changeover is US-Army-wide. Having seen some US Army personnel in Townsville recently wearing UCP ACUs they stood out like the proverbial dog's balls.

Default AFG sighting of multicam

I saw my first set of multicam here in Kabul last week. On a contractor with a big, bushy beard and a belly to match. At IJC HQ. In the DFAC.

If the bad guys can't see us coming in oversized vehicles with big guns on the roof, he's certainly not going to notice the color of our uniforms.

If They want us to wear new Spring colors, I'll walk the runways of Kabul. I'd rather have the money spent on other stuff, though...

Desert Brush, the Camo That Should Have Been
    Posted on August 4, 2011

http://octactical.wordpress.com/2011...uld-have-been/
    (photos there)

Desert Brush was part of the Natick camo trials to find a universal camouflage for the Army. In the end Desert Brush was the overall winner. However for some reason it was tossed aside and the decision was made to go with the current UCP instead, which wasn’t even part of the trials.

edit: Oops, got the wrong camo thread. I'm sure there's one that did not decompose yet. Maybe David can join them?

Default Moderator at work

Fuchs remarked:
    edit: Oops, got the wrong camo thread. I'm sure there's one that did not decompose yet. Maybe David can join them?
    Yes there were seven threads on matters camouflage, BCU etc, including several which featured Oprah and cartoons. All now merged here and the title amended.
    davidbfpo

Our turn. NZ-ACU has arrived.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD