Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    Cited in part:

Ray,

Wikipedia has an extensive explanation and on a quick review should help you:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ukrainian_revolution There's always the BBC!
    I would not go with what Wiki has to say.

And never by the Bluff and Bluster Corporation.

Neither was I taken in by such esoteric compassion about spreading 'Freedom and Democracy- in Iraq or elsewhere, because the same compassion was not shown for the Rwanda Genocide where 500,000–1,000,000 Rwandans were killed in 100 days and which was worse than Iraq!

I would rather go by this forum since it allows various views and that I why I enjoy visiting it regularly and ask others to join.

As i have mentioned before that while I am not comfortable with the Russian actions in Crimea, I am also not comfortable with the manner in which the West has subverted democracy in Ukraine, more so when they shout from the rooftops about Freedom and Democracy.

One cannot have double standards. The West did the same when Hamas was elected in Palestine. One was aware that Hamas was no Cherub, but then democracy is paramount or so one feels.

Or see what is happening in Iraq today.

Take the issue of Kosovo. Now, it that was legal, then is Crimea also legal?

The whole thing is all about jockeying for strategic space cloaked with false sweet sounding political and compassionate rhetoric.

Neither side is clean as a whistle.

And yet all this is confusing; more so, when one is not involved and yet it can have international ramifications even in places not affected.
    Last edited by Ray; 06-12-2014 at 11:42 AM.