Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
Stan---hey dude as someone from the intel world why listen to CNN or BBC or the local Estonia news oven read the North Dakota Evening Times---they are say the same if your are correct and focus strictly on ratings on the internet usage.
RB, good points and simple answers.
Some of those sites you listed have a pristine reputation to uphold and won’t send innuendo to press. Not too sure about ND however !

Why compare anything at all ---why even quote anything as kaur does from the Russian side-hey their ratings might in fact be higher based on numbers of Russian "having" internet onnetions--in this case--one Interfax is a voice pipe for the Russian government and the other a voice pipe of Ukrainians--but then I did not expect you to understand that.
I’ve known Kaur for six or seven years, had beers, broke bread, etc. Although half my age, inspiring and would make a good buck sergeant. But, the level of experience that a Western government would expect from say an analyst is a far cry. I’m not betting the farm on your links, nor an inspiring SGT.

Voice pipes. In the 20 years I've been here and 18 working for the Estonian govt., I have learned that even Estonian so-called voice pipes are not to be taken with a grain of salt. Unless of course, someone actually managed to slip TS info and get it published before being shot to death. You are then correct, that the Russians know we are reading, and, they are indeed sending this sierra to press hoping we do said. How we interpret said, well, that's where our successors' come into to play. That raw data must be accompanied with the reporter's spin, to include, at the very least, the source's reputation. I for one would not send that to the NMIC.

No wonder EUCOM and other US entities get the world so wrong they fail to listen when the world is talking regardless of how the conversation is being carried my friend ---actually if you are interested watch anna.news they carry the proRussian, Russian and actually Syrian news events from Assad but hey maybe they are ranked 144,220 in usage and traffic ratings- so we are not to use them?--it is the words one must watch and listen to that use to be the smart intel way paralleling the means and methods side of the house.
I would not go blaming EUCOM. Worked for them for years and they rarely had anything to say without DC pushing the buttons. All the O-10s in the world back then got a sound bite of say in decision making. But, you knew that already.

By the way the inforesist article was picked up on and verified by AFP roughly six hours later.
Yes Sir, it’s called a wire feed.