RB,

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
So wm who really cares whose name is on the article for that matter we could use yours if you would like.

Did in fact the video confirm or deny an event is the question and who really give a flip about the name.
Let’s back up to your post to WM for just a second. It was our job to discern open source in an IIR. So, to simply say that the author or his name means nothing is absurd. Do you contend that, regardless of the author’s background, experience and religious belief, the article is OK because there’s a video attached that could not possible be manipulated?

The video does not confirm anything to me without knowing who shot it and who that individual is. We're back to the reporter's spin on the report that an analyst needs in order to assess raw data. You contend it's real, confirmed or denied, but the author means nothing ? Huh ?

Stan ---then you inherently understand the term "confirm or deny"---yes it is a wire service but most editors of the major news feeds ask for confirmation before releasing which you already knew- I am assuming. Just as the mean and methods guys attempt to deny or confirm by other means.
Confirm or deny is for spies and the media does not enjoy the luxury of mistakes and ratings. MI however does enjoy the freedom of making mistakes along the way, often, only too often, with little more than a black eye on an OER.

Let's see now it is the WaPo, the NYTs and in Germany der Spiegel so I am assuming that no one in those organizations did a fact check as required before releasing remember these are western wire services not Interfax which relays straight propaganda for the FSB/GRU right now.

So the three above simply went with what a wing and a prayer and threw a dart against something pinned on the wall and said let's print it?

Come on Stan you know the game as well as I do.

Some in this business would call the simple release and accompanying video a "tip" and run with it--but then you knew that as well
Do the math on those and tell me who owns and controls them. Conversely, Interfax like most of the Russian media is a blend of private and state ownership with little neutrality (unless you like visits from the mafia and police).

Here on this thread it seems that one must quote something from a major source, double-check the author to make sure he is known and reputable and then be able to cross reference and double-check sources and oh by the way be sure to footnote and doubly make sure the footnote matches and is not misspelled. And make sure that is linked and pasted correctly.
Glad to see you are paying attention to my constant pestering !
And, why not double check for mistakes, plagiarism, using the basic functions herein ? Noticed anyone else not doing so ? You can dump an article on this thread and not even comment. Some may, some not. You don’t always have to see something that’s not yet there, you don’t have to address issues from a 60s mentality before the internet existed.

Noticed now that the mirhond's of the world are getting more press release attention from the wire services---do we need to double-check those press releases for their veracity as well? Before quoting them in this thread?
I think most of us ignore her and most of us found her on a war gaming site. Cute blond though.

By the way several of those wire service releases quoted much of what we have seen here via mirhond so I guess we can what ---state we have a "confirm".
So she also quotes press releases ? What a novel approach !