Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Right now Russia is in fact a rouge country regardless of how one wants to define rouge.
    If you don't have a definition, how can you use the label?
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    If you don't have a definition, how can you use the label?
    AP--once a rouge country starts down a particular path it tends to repeat it often and over a long period.

Remember how the Georgia event started---via a demand by Russia to bring in peacekeepers which for Russia is a oxymoron since Georgia.

Let's see the path of this rouge country---first Georgia, then Moldavia, the Crimea, and now eastern Ukraine or the "New Russia" and along the way several small regions with no official recognition and Russian troops in these countries so does that strike you as a country willing to play the internal game of rule of law or t is a rouge country marching to it's on drumbeat as it defines that drumbeat. Then let's look at the current small scale insurgencies they are dealing with----- as ethnic Russians have a hard time recognizing other ethnic minorities

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/07/3...es-in-ukraine/
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-30-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    AP--once a rouge country starts down a particular path it tends to repeat it often and over a long period.

Remember how the Georgia event started---via a demand by Russia to bring in peacekeepers which for Russia is a oxymoron.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/07/3...es-in-ukraine/
    So - duplicity is a trait of a rogue state?
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot