Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1935

Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Council Member

Cover-up: Ukraine rebels destroying all links to MH17 air atrocity

UN demands full inquiry but armed Russian separatists block access to crash site amid confusion over black boxes

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-mh17-removed

There is also confusion over the black boxes and other devices apparently salvaged from the plane. A rebel military commander initially said he was considering what to do with them, while another rebel leader, Aleksandr Borodai, contradicting his colleague, said the rebels had no black boxes or any other devices.

The Ukrainian interior ministry added to fears of a cover-up when it released video purportedly taken by police showing a truck carrying a Buk missile launcher with one of its four missiles apparently missing, rolling towards the Russian border at dawn . The video could not be independently verified.

Other material on rebel social media sites was being deleted, including pictures showing the alleged capture of Buk missile vehicles by rebels from a Ukrainian air base last month.

This is the critical point in the article:
    Video footage allegedly taken on Thursday appeared to support the idea that pro-Russia separatists had been to blame. It showed a Buk battery seemingly being moved in the rebel-held area between Snizhne and Torez close to the crash site. A still picture allegedly shows a missile in vertical launch mode beside a supermarket in Torez. However, the location has still to be established.

Council Member

http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-rebels...144258055.html

"The facts will inevitably come in, and if it is shown that Russian-supported rebels did this, the whole conversation about Ukraine will change," says Alexander Golts, a military expert with the online journal Yezhednevny Zhurnal. "In the eyes of the world there will be no difference between Russia and the rebels. Everyone knows who arms and supports these rebels, and that will be enough for most people to blame Russia."

Some argue that it's possible the horror of the airliner's downing in the heart of Europe could force all sides to step back from the escalating hostilities in eastern Ukraine and the increasingly vicious "information war" that has accompanied it.

"Much will depend on how Russia behaves now," says Alexei Makarkin, director of the independent Center of Political Technologies in Moscow. The key players in the Ukraine drama are poised at a crossroads, he says.

"A compromise aimed at avoiding any further escalation is possible. But the West will demand that Russia leave eastern Ukraine for good, and many in Russia will not accept that. So, it's also possible that we'll see a severe aggravation of our position, with tougher sanctions and US supplies of military aid to Ukraine," Mr. Makarkin adds.

Council Member

One really has to appreciate social media and Google Map as OSINT---the reported separatist BUK with a single online photo which they claimed to not have inside the Ukraine has been geolocated.

Pro-Russian Separatists' BUK Geolocated in Torez
    20:08 (GMT)

The picture of the BUK missile system said to be in the possession of pro-Russian separatists which we reported 17 July, parked behind some stores in a town in southeastern Ukraine, has now been geolocated by Aric Toller on Gagarin Street in Torez.

Love YouTude---this is the Russian dash cam video that helped locate accurately the BUK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-_Gm...utu.be&t=1m30s
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-18-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Council Member

Anyone have any ideas why the Russian separatists are stealing the dead passenger bodies?

From Daily Beast:

Pro-Russian Separatists Reportedly Steal 36 Bodies from Malaysian Airliner Crash

21:20 (GMT)

Separatist fighters from the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" (DPR) have reportedly stolen 36 bodies of people killed in the downing of the Malaysian airliner, rbc.ua reported.

The press service of the Donetsk Region State Administration made the announcement, citing eye-witnesses.

The Interpreter has translated the statement:

"After the end of of the active stage of work at the site of the tragedy, representatives of the DPR arrived at the village of Rassypnoye and stole 36 bodies of victims of the air crash. Armed fighters drove away rescue workers and took communication devices from most of them. They loaded the bodies into a truck like sacks. According to the fighters, they intend to take the bodies to Donetsk."

We have no verification of the report, but the fact that the statement was made by a local state administrator adds a certain credibility to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firn View Post

Russia Is Firing Missiles at Ukraine as the U.S. slaps additional sanction is a detailed article from FP.

Quote:

This afternoon, a video was posted to YouTube and shared on social media that claimed to show Grad rockets being fired from a Russian border town likely into Ukraine. Our team at the Interpreter found several other videos with the same descriptions -- Grad rocket launches from Gukovo toward Ukrainian territory.
    I believe their "team" found this one, titled "Grad launch in Gukovo"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhnXm0HfOY

entire scene is hilarious: soldier without insignia, background voices speaking with thick South Russian/Ukrainian accent and actual Ukrainian, old part-timer in grandfathers camoflage - somehow it must look like Russain army
    It would take a huge effort in rejecting the disbelief and accept this claim as true.
    The fact is, Ukrainians have been scorched in the fields near Zelenopol'ye

and separatists have enough Grads to do it alone, as they claim.
    Haeresis est maxima opera maleficarum non credere.

Lugansk after shelling 18.07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-FF85jlzw

upd. Interview with POW of "Aidar" wolunteer batallion

part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb24NAjqEbM

6:22 "Charges against me will be dismissed if I join National Guard COIN"
    Darn funny backstory: this guy along with his comrades found two men on Maidan, one of them was giving blowjob to other, so they took these apostates as hostages, later those miadaneros were indicted for a kidnapping.
    7:20 "I left my hundred, because our captain give entire whip fund, 20 000 Hr. to his wife, so I went astray until some friends accepted me into other hundred"

part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rXhJ15gcI

3:15 "Einsatztruppe sent to secure golf club near Snezhnoye have returned with new cars and reported 60 separatists executed, one even boasted enormous booty"
    Last edited by mirhond; 07-19-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Einsatztruppe sent to secure golf club near Snezhnoye
    My mistake, not Snezhnoe, but Schast'je, lies North of Lugansk, where "Aidar" batallion got busted yesterday.

http://lifenews.ru/news/135282

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    I believe their "team" found this one, titled "Grad launch in Gukovo"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhnXm0HfOY

entire scene is hilarious: soldier without insignia, background voices speaking with thick South Russian/Ukrainian accent and actual Ukrainian, old part-timer in grandfathers camoflage - somehow it must look like Russain army
    It would take a huge effort in rejecting the disbelief and accept this claim as true.
    The fact is, Ukrainians have been scorched in the fields near Zelenopol'ye

and separatists have enough Grads to do it alone, as they claim.
    come on comrade Russian no so expert mirhond---here you go again stating Russian TV statements and making like you are the greatest Russian expert.

So you are basically stating for us here and in clear English the four different YouTube videos showing massive BM 21 volleys are what "fakes"---come on expert you cannot be that off.

The four videos were in fact used to geo locate the firing point using Google Earth/Google Map using the coordinates time stamped on the videos taken---something you are not familiar with in Russia --because if you are then why are the Russian mercenaries releasing so many videos---again maybe studying the Islamic jihadi's will give you all better results or maybe Russian TV can "convince" the West that the videos are fakes because you are not doing a good job of it.

until then comrade please come up with a better argument because it is just not working what you are doing but since the airliner you all shot down you all are having messaging problems.

Council Member

Lugansk after shelling 18.07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-FF85jlzw

upd. Interview with POW of "Aidar" wolunteer batallion

part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb24NAjqEbM

6:22 "Charges against me will be dismissed if I join National Guard COIN"
    Darn funny backstory: this guy along with his comrades found two men on Maidan, one of them was giving blowjob to other, so they took these apostates as hostages, later those miadaneros were indicted for a kidnapping.
    7:20 "I left my hundred, because our captain give entire whip fund, 20 000 Hr. to his wife, so I went astray until some friends accepted me into other hundred"

part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rXhJ15gcI

3:15 "Einsatztruppe sent to secure golf club near Snezhnoye have returned with new cars and reported 60 separatists executed, one even boasted enormous booty"
    come on comrade Russian the not so expert mirhond ---when you use English here try to improve on it as it is really bad this time around---so who are the other persons using your mirhond login?---what we are up to three individuals again just based on the use of the poor English language usage.

secondly, if one uses the Islamic jihadi language---then at least get it right because my comrade friend you are not using it correctly but the again you claim to be a "zealous Christian" so I am not so sure you understand jiahdi's as we do here at SWJ.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Council Member

hey comrade not such a Russian expert mirhond can you explain to us here at SWJ just how a "little green man" wearing a Russian Army uniform "ended up" being captured inside the Ukraine when Russia under Putin's orders or at least that is what he told the West was it not expert mirhond that the security had been "enhanced" so just how did he get through the "enhanced" security mirhond?

so expert mirhond first answer the question then I will be more than happy to pass the link---at least I do not post tons of photos that mean nothing.

3. I liked the way that the city of Omsk [Siberia] Russian Internet media talked about a Russian conscript (“little green man”) who was taken prisoner yesterday in Ukraine. That is, the kid was taking a walk somewhere “between the villages of Marynivka in Donetsk Oblast (Ukraine) and Kuybyshevo in Rostov Oblast (Russia)” where he disappeared (these freaks are not even aware of the existence of a state border between Ukraine and the Russian Federation).

The relatives of the little boy are crying that, supposedly, Ukrainian security forces kidnapped him and took him to Ukraine. I wonder who needs this snot-nosed greenhorn.

Council Member

comrade Russian not so expert mirhond---want to take a chance to comment on this article---now it is in technical English so I am not so sure of your English abilities as there are three of you.

http://gizmodo.com/a-tweetbot-caught...17-1607483459?

Seems like the Russian government got caught trying to delete the truth about the BUK missile being fired.

Remember @CongressEdits, the tweetbot that alerts whenever a Wikipedia article is edited from a government IP address? There's a Russian version now, and it just uncovered some pretty drastic edits to a Wikipedia article that mentions Flight MH17, originating from a Russian government IP address.

As The Telegraph reports, @RuGovEdits tweeted that a computer user from within the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VHTRK) edited the Russian-language version of the Wikipedia entry about the Malaysian Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine yesterday.

The original version of the Wikipedia article listing civil aviation accidents stated that MH17 had been shot down "by terrorists of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic with Buk system missiles, which the terrorists received from the Russian Federation." Emphasis added.

The edits originating from the government-owned computer changed the article to read "the plane [flight MH17] was shot down by Ukrainian soldiers". Again, emphasis added.

@RuGovEdits alerted the public with a tweet that says (translated): "Wikipedia article List of aircraft accidents in civil aviation has been edited by RTR [another name for VGTRK]".

If @RuGovEdits is to be trusted (and considering the Wiki-twitterbot code is widely available on Github, it probably can be), it certainly seems like someone within the Russian government is working to hide the widely-held theory that Russian weapons were used to bring down MH17. But while Wikipedia might be malleable, it's also transparent. [The Telegraph via Amanda Zamora]
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Council Member

comrade non Russian expert mirhond---the Russian government is demanding from the Ukrainians that they produce all air defense information concerning the from Russian "alleged" Ukrainian shooting down of the airliner which is an amazing twist of the truth.

Now for the interesting question--Moscow has been complaining for years about the American Missile Defense Shield being aimed at Russia---are you the Russian expert going to tell us that Russia does not have the abilities in their missile defense system to pinpoint launch missiles and to track their launch location.

come on expert mirhond you know the Russians have the same abilities to rack/stack and observe missile launches as do the Americans.

so expert mirhond a question to you but I know you will avoid answering it as it does do fit the Russian definition well at least maybe the Russian TV 1definition of truth which is the same as yours by the way.

WHY does not Russia for the entire world to see and review release their own data concerning the missile launch IF they are so sure as you are so sure the Ukrainians did shot the airliner down.----would that not "prove" the Russians were not to blame?

oh comrade mirhond who shot down KAL007 by the way and first for days denied it AND then later blamed the US for a Soviet mistake---come on mirhond. why is it Russia never takes responsibility for anything---you all give kids MANPADs/tanks/Buks and you yet wonder why civilians are getting killed in the streets of the towns those "kids" control-great "zealous Christians they are".

come on mirhond suggest to Putin to release the data then we will know who is lying---but again you will not answer the question so in fact you will be confirming the Russian missile shot down the aircraft.

if you need assistance in finding the link---will be happy to provide it but since you will not respond there is not need to link it. But since it came from Russian sources you must be aware of it.

17.08 Uhr: Moskau fordert von der Ukraine die Offenlegung aller militrischen Daten bezglich ihrer Luftabwehr im Konfliktgebiet. Die Fhrung in Kiew msse detailliert Einblick gewhren, wo und wie die Ukraine Boden-Luft- und Luft-Luft-Raketen verwende, sagt Russlands Vizeverteidigungsminister Anatoli Antonow dem TV-Sender Rossija-24. Die entscheidende Frage sei: Was geschah im Luftraum ber der Ukraine und was mssen wir tun, damit so etwas nicht noch einem passiert.

comrade mirhond---this is the tenth attempt at using different "alledged" stories in trying to control the shot down narrative by the Russian government---the world yet still points the finger straight at Russia and Putin---so maybe a "truth" narrative might work for a change.

oh by the way comrade mirhond---those "zealous Christians" you defended have been looting the dead bodies and taking their credit and bank cards---the Dutch National Bank is now warning of their illegal use.

so comrade mirhond---what is more important to the "zealous Christians" assisting in the proper recovery of 298 slaughtered men, women, and children or stealing from them? what a great way to create "self determination" for a New Russia do you not think---based on theft from slaughtered civilians.

if you need the link can provide it but you will never read it as it is a "fake article" right mirhond?

well so much for "honest zealous Christians" on the proRussian side.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-19-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Lisichansk after rocket shelling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhwA1IsBLFE#t=56

finny dialog at 3:11
    "I thought it's a tube"
    "Are you ####ing nuts? A tube?!"

Guys who approach unexploded missile must have balls of steel.

Council Member

"I thought it's a tube"

STRELA 10Ms now in the Ukraine:

so comrade not so informed mirhond---who provided the Strela 10Ms into the Russian mercenaries since they are mounted on an armored vehicle and must be driven or tractor trailer hauled---I suppose you will argue they "magically appeared" out of nowhere---come on even the Russian mercenaries are openly admitting they get heavy weapons systems form Russia and yet you cannot admit it---come on mirhond get with the information flow you are behind in it today.

kind of funny---hey we did not shot down the plane even if there are valid admitted to by the mercenaries voice intercepts, tweets and Facebook photos/videos, and satellite geo location photos of the launch but have we do have Strela 10Ms.

http://inforesist.org/en/borodai-we-...rela-10m-sams/

Council Member

so comrade mirhond---Putin is really all words and no actions---wow what a superpower---they cannot even secure their own borders nor stop "civil societies" from shipping heavy weapons to the Russian looters.

mirhond you can find the Russian link to the Putin speech yourself:

NOTE: did Putin state any concrete actions he is taking that can be observed?
    Notice he never refers to actions Russia will be taking--it is always "others must do something".

In connection with the terrible tragic events that occurred in the skies over Donetsk, I would like to say once again what the attitude we in Russia have to events that are taking place in Ukraine.

We have repeatedly called on all warring parties to immediately stop the bloodshed and to sit down at the negotiating table. We can confidently say that if June 28 fighting in eastern Ukraine were not renewed, then this tragedy would not have happened for sure.

However, no one should not have the right to use this tragedy to achieve selfish political objectives. Such events should not divide but unite people. It is necessary that all the people who are responsible for the situation in the region improved their responsibility to their own people and to the peoples of those countries whose representatives have been victims of this disaster.

It's necessary to do everything to ensure the safety of international experts on the scene. Today there are already working representatives of Donbass, Donetsk, representatives of Ministry of Ukraine, experts from Malaysia. But this is not enough.

It's necessary that a full team of experts under the auspices of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) , the corresponding international commission, could work at the crash site. We must do everything to ensure its full and absolute security, ensure necessary for its operation humanitarian corridors.

For its part, Russia will do all that we can to the conflict in eastern Ukraine moved from today's military phase to the phase of discussing at the negotiating table by exclusively peaceful and diplomatic means.

Council Member

so comrade mirhond---read and weep---- read and weep my friend the oligarchs are starting to jump ship.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia...200001106.html

Council Member

comrade not so informed mirhond---so this is how those Cossack "zealous Christians" treat other "Christians" who are apparently not of the same political opinion--Chechen all over again is it not comrade mirhond?

http://inforesist.org/en/burial-of-t...-in-slovyansk/

Council Member

"I thought it's a tube"

you have got to get better at understanding Russian and Russian rockets---

1. is it not strange that three rockets were fired and all were duds or did you see any impact craters in the video from other exploded rockets---none so how does this qualify as a "shelling"?

2. if you really are a Russian expert instead of a paid cut and past FSB type then you would have noticed that the rockets are of three different calibers-not you standard BM 21 122mm rounds you have been complaining that the Ukrainians are firing at the civilians

3. if then they are not of the same caliber when what kind of Russian military MLRs system fires three different sized calibers at the same time mirhond---come on get better at this my friend

4. am assuming the rockets were simply stolen from somewhere or moved across the border by the Russian civil society whatever that is and launched simply off of a iron metal frame system as the spread was relatively wide--they were simply free launched in the general direction---sort of a lobbing concept which mercenaries can only do since they are not trained rocket troops.

by the way mirhond you do know that the Ukrainian military has videos of the Russian mercenaries firing rockets into towns and villages and then filming in a hurry to then claim it was those brutal junta/Right Sector guys.

by the way some really bad munitions---if none of them detonated---really bad Russian quality from what about the 1980s period if you want my opinion mirhond.

get a better video when you talk about shellings.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-21-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Council Member

More Russian Federation citizens killed, wounded or captured in fighting inside the Ukraine.

Tonight a terrorist group tried to break through from town Lysychansk in the Luhansk region. Reports the press office of the President.

On orders of the Commander of the Armed Forces the convoy of armed vehicles of the gang was destroyed: three armoured vehicles destroyed, 23 militants are captured, their leader is wounded.

There were Chechens among the captured. All militants are citizens of the Russian Federation.

http://inforesist.org/en/the-ato-for...om-lysychansk/

Council Member

Looks like the Russians are now building up immediately on the Ukrainian border---Putin is looking for a reason to save the losing Russian mercenaries and himself from defeat.

Near the Ukrainian border with Bryansk Oblast (RF) an accumulation of Russian armor has been noticed. This was reported by UNN in the SNBO info center.

“In Russia, specifically in Bryansk Oblast, near the border with Ukraine a column (around 30 tanks) was noticed moving, along with a significant accumulation of other armor near the city of Novoshakhtinsk in Rostov Oblast” – said the report

Here we go again--there are indications coming out of Moscow that the hardliners around Putin really do want to invade as their hate of the West overrides economical damage from the invasion.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...er-357167.html
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-21-2014 at 05:35 PM.