Quote Originally Posted by jkm_101_fso
You would be suprised how little pride some Soldiers have in themselves and how quick they are to threaten their peers and superiors with I.G., EO, Congressionals or Commander's Open Door (Usually the CG). Certainly not the norm, but just a few can ruin it for everyone.
Very dependent upon the unit. In all the places that I've served, I only saw such behavior in two - during my stint with TRADOC, where it was a damn epidemic, and while I was with a Corps-level MI unit in Germany, where it was common enough to have the NCOs and officers walking on eggs all the time.

In TRADOC, it was clearly due to the nature of the beast, dealing with trainees fresh out of basic, but still very cherry to the Army and basic having failed to truly develop that soldier pride - but having succeeded very well in training them how to work the complaint system. In Germany, there were significant problems with Bn and higher leadership that had a severe negative impact upon morale (it was also in the middle of the drawdown in Europe period).

Other than those two examples, I have never served in a unit where the statement quoted above applies.