Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hoh View Post
I learned very early on in my SWJ postings that even the most innocuous statement will ruffle someone feathers. But I like the fact that it forces me to validate my views and rationalize them out to myself and others. I think you feel Soldiers rights are sometimes violated when NCO’s mete out a form of corrective training/ spot corrections or that it usurps the Commander authority. In some cases I am sure you are right, and I appreciate you making me walk the dog on this. I guess to capsulate I would say NCO’s doing corrective training does way more good than harm, and I hope you can appreciate that.
Anthony,

I didn't get that from the JAG Major's post. I think he is emphasising differences between "punishment" and "corrective training", as well as the legalities and/or illigalities associated with them.

I think the JAGMAJ brings up a valid point. Anyone but a commander administering "punishment" is overstepping their bounds. Punishment as in "non-judicial" is reserved for commanders.

That's not the case for proper "corrective training". It is a viable option for non-commanders, as long as it does not become "punishment. As far as I am able to tell from his posting, JAG Major was never against corrective training done correctly,