Thread: Global Attitudes to 9/11

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jkm_101_fso View Post
    Of all nations that were polled, the Turks had the highest percentage that believe the U.S. Government was behind 9/11?

Not sure how to interpret that.
    Turkey has had its share of conspiracies in recent history. The Susurluk scandal and its ensuing investigations brought "Deep State" conspiracies into the limelight, and I think really shocked the country. There are credible reports that Turkish Hezbollah was created and funded by the military, as well as military and intelligence services engaging in psuedo-operations and false-flag attacks in a "strategy of tension". All this interwoven into alleged stay-behind networks --the so called "Gladio" and contraguerilla, and I can see why Turks could be prone to believe a conspiracy theory that the U.S. Government was behind 9/11. This is in addition to a large increase in anti-American sentiment in Turkey.

This is not to say that I believe that "the U.S. Government was behind 9/11", however, I do question the accuracy of the 9/11 Commission and question some of the narrative about 9/11 and al-Qaeda. There are too many discrepancies and unanswered questions I have, for me not to be skeptical. Reading Peter Lance's 1000 Years for Revenge and Triple Cross really stripped away any faith that I could put into the official line.
    Last edited by bourbon; 09-12-2008 at 06:34 PM.