Thread: SWJ: praise given and reviews (merged)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default As it reads

It appears as a column on the right side of page 85 with a pic of Somali Pirates.

Hot Intelligence: 'Small Wars Journal'
    The Military's New Must Read

Want to know how Obama is going to fight the war in Afghanistan? Then check out Small Wars Journal, an online magazine that provides a crash course on asymmetric warfare. Get schooled in fighting Somali pirates. Find out what Malcolm Nance, a former Navy interrogation instructor, thinks about waterboarding ("a torture technique, Period"). When David Kilcullen, special adviser to Gen. Petraeus, live-blogged the Iraq surge, he did it for SWJ.

Contributions include who's who of the sharpest minds in uniform, regardless of rank. "You're judged purely on the strength of your intellectual argument," says John Nagl, a retired lieutenant colonel who helped write the Army's Counterinsurgency Field Manual. Run by two former Marines, the site is a must-read for military insiders. "We must be doing something right," says co-founder Dave Dilegge, "because we get people calling us Attila the Hun warmongers one day and counterinsurgency-loving tree-huggers the next."

Default No Photos???

what happened to the photo shoot of Ken and Tom in the speedos??
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I think they were either banned or confiscated....
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I believe that they were banned under a number of non-proliferation treaties.

SFC W

Default Censorship

Just more examples of the "MAN" trying to keep Ken and Tom down
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Default Non-procreation treaties...

Quote Originally Posted by Uboat509 View Post
    I believe that they were banned under a number of non-proliferation treaties.
    Something about containment being inadequate. Sounded like discrimination to me but Tom said to just drop it so I did and they yanked the pics...

How was I to know what he meant...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Something about containment being inadequate. Sounded like discrimination to me but Tom said to just drop it so I did and they yanked the pics...
    You mean that's NOT Tom on the right
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Default You mean the one with

Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    You mean that's NOT Tom on the right
    the beaver?

Council Member Beelzebubalicious's Avatar

Ouch. The next thing will be Matt Lauer breaking the news about this hot new forum...and then SWC will be overrun with knuckleheads. Might as well start a new category for the Mall Ninjas...

By the way, I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I can't understand half of what Marc T writes. Does everyone else understand him or am I just dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by JMG1093 View Post
    It appears as a column on the right side of page 85 with a pic of Somali Pirates.

Hot Intelligence: 'Small Wars Journal'
    The Military's New Must Read

Want to know how Obama is going to fight the war in Afghanistan? Then check out Small Wars Journal, an online magazine that provides a crash course on asymmetric warfare. Get schooled in fighting Somali pirates. Find out what Malcolm Nance, a former Navy interrogation instructor, thinks about waterboarding ("a torture technique, Period"). When David Kilcullen, special adviser to Gen. Petraeus, live-blogged the Iraq surge, he did it for SWJ.

Contributions include who's who of the sharpest minds in uniform, regardless of rank. "You're judged purely on the strength of your intellectual argument," says John Nagl, a retired lieutenant colonel who helped write the Army's Counterinsurgency Field Manual. Run by two former Marines, the site is a must-read for military insiders. "We must be doing something right," says co-founder Dave Dilegge, "because we get people calling us Attila the Hun warmongers one day and counterinsurgency-loving tree-huggers the next."
    Thanks JMG - I was wondering what was said...