Thread: How well do you LOO?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congrats on entering the world of Lines of Operation! There are few FMs, texbooks and pamphlets that made the cut to come with me from Fort Leavenworth. This one by Jr. Jack Kem, however, is right here on my desk beside me: Campaign Planning: Tools of the Trade.. Dr. Kem has a great chapter (chapter 5) on logical lines of operation which may be worth your time.

One note from the old O/C in me...be wary of IO fratricide. Having a coordinated IO plan with dedicated LOOs helps. But when everyone from the Psyops team to your squad leader up through the Battalion Commander visits the local Sheik over a few days, you've hit IO fratricide. That will be your job to deconflice IO "fires" and ensure you are targeting the proper resources against the correct targets. Happy hunting!
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

IO fratricide avoidance makes sense, and yes, the second and third order effects of too many voice was kicked around. Now that you reinforced my slight concerns, we'll be certain to discuss that aspect.