Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
Very true. Israel was established on exactly the same principle as the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand: the principle that "superior" races are entitled to take land they want, expel, subjugate, or kill the existing inhabitants, and establish a nation.
Very un-true. Where there white Christian Europeans living in US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand 3,000 years ago?
No.
Where significant populations of the same white Christian Europeans living continually resident in the same regions for 3,000 years?
No.
The whole "right to exist" thing is incomprehensible to me... who could assign such "rights" in the first place?
Not surprised. You've probably never had your right to exist threatened, and what you seem to have missed, it is a "Universal Right" - of all people - which is invoked in the modern context. Not an exclusive right.
Any claim based on religious tradition is of course absurd.
So any claim based on anything? Politics is absurd? Kinda why we have wars?
The relevant question is whether Israel has the right to perpetual and unconditional support from the US, and this American's answer there is an emphatic "no".
I agree, and I'm not an American. I think the US should makes better choices in this area, as in it's support for Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey to name but a few.

I'm disputing your personal view. I just jump in when people use falsehoods about Jews and Israel to further their political views. Of course I may also find it grotesque to be lectured on history and standards of behaviour by an American - but that's just me personally.