Thread: Can we do something? Anything?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks much John and Rob. This is just an idea that was rattling around in the brain housing group. I'm really looking for ideas, and this is a start - something unique and helpful - nothing in the way of replicating anything being done officially. That said, let's not limit this to support to the US military. As I said - support to our efforts - this includes non-military as well as coalition and host nation... All, please keep the ideas coming. Thanks,

Dave

Council Member

Rob has some great ideas (as usual).

In a more general sense, I think the best thing SMJ and the council can do is continue to educate the folks going downrange as well as policymakers the general public to the greatest extent possible. SWC/J could also be an excellent reachback source for a variety of information/expertise.

I know from my own experience in theater that the intelligence RFI process is often too slow and cumbersome, particularly for general and unclassified information. So I think Rob's idea of SMC/J as a resource for informal and unclassified RFI's and as a virtual research resource is a good one. I'm not sure we could expand this into classified work easily, but ISTM there is a wealth of gray literature and FOUO info that could be exploited in such an effort.

Thanks E. I'm leaving this thread open for several weeks so there is no rush... Chew on what we may do.