Thread: Effective planting radius per ton of grain seed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Alternative contacts

Hi,
    I just registered here TODAY and I work at Michigan State University's Entomology Department (I torture bugs, har!). We have a strong International Ag program here at this self proclaimed "World Grant" university, cough cough. If you're still stumped by this problem, holler at me here:
    sebolt AT msu DOT edu
    Put IRAQ AG in the subject line, spin me up on your progress and I'll see how I can help you. I agree with the others, it starts with a soil test to look at nutrient load. After that, proper crop seed variety. Local or regional varieties are best.

Semper Fi,
    Chris

Council Member

...found this while looking for something completely different. Figured I'd toss it in here for historical interest appropriate to the thread, if nothing else........

Agricultural Handbook for District Level Advisors and S-5 Personnel, May 1970
    This booklet is designed to be an agriculture guide for advisors and civil affairs personnel working at district level and below. It should also be helpful to military civic action units who are interested in agricultural projects. It is suggested that you use this guide in the initial stages of your planning to assess the various types of agricultural projects. During your planning stage you should also talk to your Province Agriculture Advisor in order to determine the extent of GVN resources available and how you could best employ them. Of course, the most important step in your planning is investigating the current agriculture situation and desires of the Vietnamese people you plan to help. There is only one way that this can be done and this is to talk to them. Plan to spend a considerable period of time during this visit and ask questions about all phases of a village or hamlet's agriculture. Examples of questions that might be asked are.......