Quote Originally Posted by DavidvsTheWorld View Post
Mr. Odom - What do you think some of the positive improvements to contract standard enforcement which State has made? What do you think are some areas in which they might improve?

Why do you think "some" of "the worst" tend to want to be collectors? Is this a common trend? Any theories as to why this is the case, or why the occupational confusion?

I also sent you a PM with some follow up.
the main thing on the contract standards was the decision that DSS would have a supervising agent riding at least periodically along with more stringent certification of ROE. the other thing was a greater emphasis on context as in situational awareness and understanding, notably so protective details would not do the road warrior run and run over everyone when in unnecessary.

On the collector thing, I always saw it as a macho man complex--wannabe agency or whatever or just want to show off. DSS is not the only agency subject to the "cowboy" complex. I had a fellow DATT who was supposed to be low key out in Goma demanding his "Israeli LBE" and a US flag for his truck. I told if he needed LBE or a US flag, he was f+$#ING up. Turned out he was and he went home.

Tom