JTF
Final point: it is just too much fun to tease you lawyers.

KW
I can agree with that...
we all can gum ourselves to death. (please knock out teeth in little icon)

Since John has now accepted Judicial Review, I can throw in my two cents worth about the remedies available to the other two branches.

Brief Opinion piece:

I believe that each of the three constitutional branches has the right and duty to determine independently the constitutional issues that are within its realm.

In the case of the Executive, the President has the duty to execute the laws, but that duty does not extend to executing laws which the President determines to be unconstitutional (e.g., Andy Jackson & Abe Lincoln). Besides not executing the mandate of the Supreme Court (which has no independent enforcement powers except over members of its Bar), the President also can indirectly affect the Court by judicial appointments.

In the case of Congress, it can act to limit or change the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts in many ways - although, there are practical and constitutional limits on that. Its ultimate sanction is simply to defund the Supreme Court, or any other Federal court.

These potential constitutional collisions have usually been defused by application of comity and reciprocity. The People tend to react when any one of the branches moves too far outside the norm.