Posted by Davidbfpo,

A Taliban fighter killed in Afghanistan was found with an Aston Villa tattoo on his body, British soldiers claim.

Curiously the story was not confirmed or followed up.
David, your points are well taken, but I would like to encourage the professional community to take a closer look at this "potential" nexus between street gangs and Takiri Terrorist groups/movements.

In the next few posts (later this weekend) I'm going to post some links that shed some additional light on this issue. Some of the sources have some degree of credibility and others are unknown. I very confident that there is a strong and growing nexus between organized crime and takiri terrorist organizations, so extending that relationship to street gangs doesn't seem like an unreasonable stretch.

Much like the communists infiltrated our unions, D.C. lobby groups, youth groups, universities (they're still there) and some cases different churches to facilitate spreading their propaganda, agitating these groups to take action, and in some cases to facilitate recruiting, the takiri terrorists in the West are infiltrating (or building) Islamic learning centers, youth groups, prisons, and most likely criminal gangs to include street gangs (most likely the connections were made in prison). If Kilkullen is right and the Takfiri violence is more about political Islam than extremist religion, it would only make sense to attempt to infiltrate and radicalize groups. I think the risk is low to their security, because many of the radicalizers are known to law enforcement, but they're not breaking any of our laws, so they can operate in the open. They're overt trouble makers recruiting or motivating a semi-overt guerrilla force (street gangs), and the most talented ones may be recruited into the elite underground for terrorist operations. The others are overtly selling drugs and conducting other illegal acts to raise money. The question is, are any of these groups giving money acquired by illegal means to Takfiri groups/charities? If not, then the activity is probably just encouraged to be corrosive or subversive in nature to Western society as a whole.

These are just thoughts or a hypothesis at best, I don't have evidence to support it, but I'm looking for it. As these thoughts evolve I'll continue to post them. More soon.....