Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
Slapout, I agree, and we discussed the generation of gangs previously, which remains a fascinating subject for me; however, I was trying to narrow the focus this time to the nexus between gangs and terrorist groups.

However, taking your a point a step further, if you have an evolved gang (multi-generational) that becomes radicalized or at least partners with a radical group what are the implications? Is that a way to quickly deep dive the radicalization process into a culture where it was previously foreign?
Best advice I can give you is to go in another direction. Start studying about Cults, Religious ones in particular. When I first got out of the Army I worked part time for a large security company in Florida while I was still in college. I ended up doing investigations because I used to help my Lieutenants write after action reports and they liked the way I wrote my reports. Plus I think I ony have one skill and that is finding.....anything, people,things,ides,the truth.

Anyway during the mid to late seventies alot of people started disappearing into religious cults and I was pretty good at finding them. It was an interesting journey to say the least. Many terrorist organization operate more along these lines then anything I have seen. That and they sometimes appear to have links to state run Intelligence agencies.

My first case involved a Jewish organization that wasn't Jewish at all they tried to convert people from the Jewish belief to Christianity. They all have a front organization that recruits people and they put them through a brainwashing program. A good book to read is called "The Green Ripper" by John D. MacDonald. The book is fiction but deals with cults and terrorism and is eerily close to how the Mumbai attacks were carried out, except I think they went to Airports instead in the book. They used the circle of death technique to shoot as many civilians as possible.

It took years before he admitted it but the author was OSS during the war and some say he never really left but who knows, anyway some really good info in the book. Anyway that is what I would be doing, just to many similarities based upon my experience. Later.