I will respond in a more thoughtful way myself, when I have the time... but a few thoughts...

I feel for you brother, but get used to being "grabbed" mostly its do important and rewarding stuff, sometimes its because a senior leader needs a SAMS "binkie" Hope what you are doing now is in the first rather than the second category

I would just argue there is a difference between should and could... we can agree that instructors should want to be "their best self" each day, and that students should use the year to grow and stretch their noodle while enjoying the homefires and mom's body warmth... whether ILE could make this a reality is another story...

Honestly, In a more perfect world I'd be teaching in DJIMO... I both want to do it, and I fit the profile I described in the earlier post... Problem is they can't pay me near what I get to do other work. I have two teenagers and a 4 mth old, money matters...

I get it ILE should be the period of intellectual growth, in which professionals on a daily basis have lively debates about the merits of a particular theory or approach to solving an operational problem... the curricula ought to change on a monthly basis if only the contextual examples to animate the principle ideas the form the underpinnings of the curricula...

You say fire instructors, 10% 25% 75%, and the others will fall in line??? Like I said they can fill the slots they have now, they don't pay particularly well, and they are somewhat constrained by joint instructions to maintain JPME certification

I'm not trying to excuse the situation as much as bring a little realism to what is in the "doable" range of options.

As for SAMS... back when it had real rigor.... seriously there is some who said that the program would suffer significantly if they expanded the class sizes and moved to two iterations per year... nonsense...

You know, there would be great pain in doing so and a whole bunch of promotion exceptions would have been required, but it might have been best if they had closed ILE and CCC from 2004 - 2007 if it had resulted in a total revamp in approach to better mirror a "SAMS Approach". But it ain't happening now brother

That was long winded for a quick response... was it churchill who said I'd have written a short note but didn't have the time... guilty

Live well and row