Thread: Towards a Taxonomy of Blogs

Council Member

Default Towards a Taxonomy of Blogs

Creative Economy, 11 Sep 08: Towards a Taxonomy of Blogs
    ....I am going to make an attempt to invent some new words for different kinds of blog, in the hope that readers will dive in, add and improve. Where possible, I have tried to adapt the terminology of the past, including that which accompanied the invention of the printing press. I think historical resonances can be helpful in illuminating what is going on in new media, as well as reminding us that this is not the first time that technological innovation has changed almost everything about how we communicate. Certain human needs persist. The means of satisfying them alters.

So, here goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    Creative Economy, 11 Sep 08: Towards a Taxonomy of Blogs
    Urp... Looks like she is "borrowing" heavily form Perlmutter author of "Blog Wars"... Like a lot.
    Last edited by selil; 09-22-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added link
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.