Thread: When was the last US bayonet charge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another example

The battle, one of three separate attacks against British troops in the area on the same day, ended when the soldiers fixed bayonets and stormed a series of enemy positions dug-in by the road-side. About 30 Iraqis were killed, 12 were captured and a further dozen are believed to have fled from the battlefield.
    news telegraph.co.uk 13-June-2004

It's going to be difficult to determine the last time there has been a "fix bayonets" order given on any given FEBA. Could have been one yesterday for all we know.
    "But suppose everybody on our side felt that way?"
    "Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper View Post
    news telegraph.co.uk 13-June-2004

It's going to be difficult to determine the last time there has been a "fix bayonets" order given on any given FEBA. Could have been one yesterday for all we know.
    I've had a few people tell me they witnessed guys from 5th Marines bayonet Iraqis in OIF 1. Though apparently that was just one of the CQB methods used, others included the door of an Amtrac.

Council Member

Mike Co., 3rd Bn., 5th Marines (transplacement) fixed bayonets and cleared the Presidential Motorcade route for Pres. Eisenhower in Naha, Okinawa R.Is. when he visited Okinawa enroute to a visit to Japan.

We did not charge, but moved down the route with fixed bayonets held at high port and the crowd parted and remained on the sidewalk with smiles on their faces.

There were some organized communist sympathizers who attempted to disrupt the process, but a single buttstroke to a collarbone stopped that act immediately.

Seems a fella tried to trip a squad leader from his right side and the SL nailed him with a quick chop from the highport position and the platoon remained in motion with out any additional incidents.

I have pictures of Ike in his open vehicle waving to the crowd while Marine Infantry lined the route with their M-1 Grands held at high port topped with bayonets.

I never laid eyes on the President, but he passed within 15 feet of my position.