Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
...I've always said "train as you fight" is a ridiculous cliche'. My position is: "You will fight as you have trained, until the enemy trains you to fight differently."
Never heard 'train as you fight." In my day it was ALWAYS "you will fight as you train." Not the same thing at all.

I disagree quite strongly with the thought "You will fight as you have trained, until the enemy trains you to fight differently." That accedes the initiative to him and I don't buy that for a second. I'll set the mood and tempo, thank you very much. I know that can be done because I've done it in my own little corner of a number of fights...

In the last 30 years, a lot of things that were learned the hard way were thrown out by a bunch of smart people -- who should have known better -- and we're now getting to relearn them. We no longer use random names for operations but use catchy titles. That's dumb.

Our training is seriously deficient and the word Warrior is vastly overused. A good soldier should be able to whip a good warrior any day of the week. A warrior is an amateur fighter. He may be experienced but he's an amateur. A soldier by definition is a professional in today's Army and a good pro can whip a gifted amateur any day of the week. Or should be able to. If our performance in today's combat is merely okay and is not superb it is because we have not properly trained...