Quote Originally Posted by sandbag View Post
There's a huge difference between, say, acquisition logistics and tactical logistics, and success and proficiency in one does not imply success and proficiency in the other.
Reminds me of when I spoke to head hunters as I was getting out of the Army. I was sure that I could learn just about any job fairly quickly, but I also wanted to make sure that a potential employer did not overestimate anything on my resume and assume that I could hit the ground running in something heavy with jargon and technical stuff - there would need to be a brief adjustment period. The head hunters insisted that I oversell myself (that was how I saw it, anyway). They would take a general skill set of mine and overlay that into a myriad of more specialized skills in various jobs and tried to convince me that I was a good fit. The process gave me a bad feeling - like I was helping the head hunter to misrepresent a product (me) to a customer (my potential future employer), so I just stopped working with them and went to school. In light of the current economy, maybe that wasn't such a bad move.