Thread: Improving PSYOP (and CA as a tangent)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

First off, I presented a case that was not MINE, I was RELAYING an explanation, I was not saying one thing was true and one wasnt, I was asking questions to explore a notion, and I was bending over backwards to qualify that discussion with words like 'assume' and 'perhaps wrongfully' but you're still jumping down my throat? Sure thing!

So what have we learned? Don't ask questions, don't be informed or have an informed opinion, because the only thing that matters here is military experience, accept everything presented at face value, never drill deeper for substantiation, absolutely never reject straw men and defend your contention, and most importantly we have just discovered that PSYOP is a job anyone can do, because there's no cognitive difference between being an infantry soldier and a PSYOP soldier, despite what former infantry guys turned PSYOP say about it - and even having the audacity to be curious about this, to simply want to discuss it, is condescending and insulting.

Got it. I'm on board now. How's that for snarkiness?

<If you know that, you're ahead of me -- I have yet to see any goal other than to confront the actors and attack their funding and (to an extent and not too well done) their credibility. IMO, that's not the same thing as attacking the ideology -- which would be futile in any event.>

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...25/25roots.htm

http://www.nctc.gov/press_room/speeches/20070910.pdf

"We must better coordinate departmental efforts to counter radicalization both at home and abroad"

"Strategic Offense: Analysis to guide national policy and policymakers in countering violent extremism and radical ideology as a threat to our way of life"

And in a scathing critique that cites numerous policy makers, thinktanks, and the president:

http://ics.leeds.ac.uk/papers/vp01.c...339&paper=1803

So yes, when the president calls the GWOT a long lasting struggle with ideology, and launches a campaign directed to "transform Islam", I think its pretty safe to say we were confronting more than just the actors, but attempting to bring transformative change.

But my sleeves were cuffed while I pulled those up, so there's no validity to substantive points made.

I guess I'm just a raging dillhole that has clearly offended many of you with my unforgivable questions and constant reminders that I know very little about soldiering, and am just trying to learn and understand.

SWEET. Got it. <----------- tongue in cheek sarcasm, just to ensure no one misunderestimates my tone and intention
    Last edited by Voodoun; 01-23-2009 at 10:56 PM.